[Wine] FFXI Ultimate Collection: Abyssea Edition Install

ridman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 22 14:58:34 CST 2012

I know the HowTo deals with installing FFXI from a DVD but I'm having problems installing this from an .exe downloaded from the Square Enix Store. Basically the installer runs, and I'm able to continue in the installer, then select the components to install (POL, FFXI and all 4 expansions). However, when I click Next, the Installer skips to the Install Completion window. Note that this does not actually install the games. Is there anyway around this or a winetricks package that I'm missing? Tried the mfc42 package with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!

wine version = 1.3.36

Terminal output when running 'wine FINALFANTASYUCAE.exe':

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\Professional\\RunTime\\IsProBE.tlb" failed with error 2
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:apphelp:ApphelpCheckInstallShieldPackage stub: 0x32dda4 L"C:\\users\\Jordan\\Temp\\bye5b3.tmp\\Disk1\\data1.hdr"
err:ole:dispatch_rpc no apartment found for ipid {ffffffff-ffff-ffff-2500-000008000000}
err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x80010108