[Wine] Re: getting apps in wine to access a network computer

orosman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 24 06:30:56 CST 2012

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 23:48 -0600, orosman wrote:
>
> > I've installed a windows application in wine. To use it properly, I
> > need it to access a server/pc on the network. How do I do this? Please
> > help. I'm using ubuntu linux 11.10?
> >

> Run the server on the same PC. Check that all is well by looking to see
> that using nmap or lsof to see that the server is listening on the
> expected port. "nmap localhost" lists the active ports. Running "sudo
> lsof" gives huge amounts of output, so try "sudo lsof |less" and look at
> the info under the server's name.
>
> When the server is running, simply configure your Wine app to look for
> it on 'localhost'.
>

> Martin

The PC or server needed to be accessed is on a network that runs windows xp and the application that I'm trying to get to access the server application on the network runs on a machine the latest ubuntu. I'm don't quite understand what you mean, or where to go to what you mentioned. any step by step way to get the windows app in wine to access the network pc? I'm a bit new to this.