[Wine] Alternative to windows media player?

omro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 24 09:14:20 CST 2012

Hi,

I'm installing Wine for the first time on my Mac through MacPorts.

I've been reasonably successful and the application that I wanted to use, a training program, runs almost flawlessly :-)

It does ask to use Windows Media Player and I did install WMP9 and this installed fine and the application does play the videos. However, these are thumbnail sized. While this isn't a big deal, I was wondering if I could install an alternative media player into Wine and get that to run my videos instead of WMP and potentially get full screen video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!