[Wine] Re: Starcraft I broodwar dying on mouse click.

simak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 00:19:44 CST 2012

L. Rahyen wrote:

> > But it is not very fun to play in window size of which is 800x600, when size
> > of my linux desktop is 1600:900
> >

> 	Why not use xrandr to switch resolution to 800x600 before running the game
> and back to 1600x900 after you're done playing? It can be easily automated: you
> can create shell script for that. First, run "xrandr" to make sure that you
> have 800x600 available, then run "man xrandr" for relatively short manual how
> to use it.
> 	For example, if your favorite editor is nano, run:
> sudo nano /usr/local/bin/starcraft
> ...and put the following into it:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> xrandr -s 800x600 -r 60
> cd /to/the/directory/where/StarCraft.exe/is/located
> WINEDEBUG=-all wine StarCraft.exe
> xrandr -s 1600x900 -r 60
>
> 	Of course, edit the path appropriately. Than run:
>
> sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/starcraft
>
> 	Now you can run your game just by running "starcraft". Of course, you need
> to set your window manager to position virtual desktop window at 0,0 (top left
> corner of the screen) and show it without border. In KDE you can do this by
> running your game in virtual desktop and then in its Window Menu click
> Advanced -> Special Window Settings. I do not know how to do this in non-KDE
> environment.

I had already try that, but it is not solution for the starcraft, when you need to scroll the map with mouse. You move your mouse to bottom off the screen so the map must scroll down but it is not, because you are out of full screen.

Ohh cmon do not we really can make the full-screen work?

Nobody knows what can this means?

Code:
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1200 bytes in thread 0027 eip 681d4634 esp 00240e80 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000