[Wine] Re: Running Windows Apps Live With Wine On Linux Live DVD

winepunk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 00:54:03 CST 2012

I'm having trouble understanding your claim.  I'm not saying you are wrong, there just seems evidence to the contrary.

When I boot Linux live, it creates a root partition that represents all the files on the cd.  I can go in there and change anything I want.  It persists during the session.  I can install linux programs also. Those changes are represented on the root partition.

I'm running Live now, with Wine.  I just download 7zFM.exe.  It installed it to the .wine/dosdevices/c: drive.  Although the Wine shortcut in Main Menu didn't work, I navigated to ~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/7-Zip and entered:

wine 7zFM.exe

Launches fine.

Well, now that I think about it, I didn't try the command line thing I did here with Manga Studio.  But I did try the shortcut Wine creates and that don't work.  I have to restart with that disk.  I give my results on next post.