[Wine] Re: Arcview 3.2

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 06:06:58 CST 2012

Jack Newlevant wrote:
> "worked" (except mostly font glitches & help) on Wine 1.2.3 on Ubuntu

That version is old. Upgrade.
I used it daily, until

> 4 days ago, about the time I installed QGIS. Since then it won't
> launch:

Sounds like the new app did something to mess up the wineprefix. Using separate wineprefixes for each app will avoid this problem.

> Switching (native,builtin) in winecfg makes no difference

What you see in system32 are Wine's fake dlls. If you didn't copy native odbc32.dll to system32, changing the setting in winecfg won't do anything.