[Wine] wine 1.3.7 / crashes pulling linux desktop down ?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:49:16 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM, WhiteHawk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm running the latest wine dev package. I've got a number of .exe programs that show installation complete. When
> clicking on finish button...both programs get so far as to briefly show their first display page, but then disappears
> taking the linux desktop down back to the desktop login page.

What kind of video card do you have in your computer?  If it is an
nVidia/AMD/ATI card you will have to install the propriatery drivers
vice the open-source ones as the open source drivers are missing
pieces for running Wine.  X desktop crashes are an indicator that this
may be what is happening.  During the installation, please also select
the 32 bit extensions as you are using the 32 bit version of Wine.

James