[Wine] Problem with automatic mounting of disc drive (Ubuntu 11.10)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:55:17 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM, RFS-81 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thanks, but it does not work with WINE 1.3 either. Maybe that's a problem specific to the game I'm trying to play. I'll
> try it with a different game later. Or did I do it wrong? I opened winecfg, went to drives, added a drive D: mapped
> to /dev/sr0, opened the advanced options and selected CD.
>
> And the new version produced a couple of new graphic bugs in Baldur's Gate (the mouse pointer now leaves
> permanent traces). Maybe I should stick with the last stable release and just make a drive for every disc I want to
> use...

The 'latest' stable release, Wine 1.2.3 is over one and a half years
old and is only maintained for translation bug reports. The best
course of action is to file bug reports, if they do not already exist,
for any anomolies you find with Wine.  Remember, graphical issues may
actually be related to your Linux video drivers and not Wine.

James