[Wine] Re: Steam Doesn't work

palswim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 27 18:12:36 CST 2012

Bob Wya wrote:
> (2) As Chiitoo in that thread pointed out you can type:
>
> Code:
> winetricks steam
>

> to automagically download the latest Steam client and apply fixes to better support it in WINE.

Thanks for your help. Currently, with Wine 1.3.37 on OpenSUSE 12.1 (x86_64), Steam is giving me the "Could not connect to Steam network" error, winetricks or not, even after removing the ClientRegistry.blob file and restarting the client several times, as the Steam AppDB suggests (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19444). But, this seems like a separate issue, one for which I should start a new topic (I'll add the link as soon as I open it).