[Wine] Fallout 2 quits at the "Please Stand By" screen.

u_abusebeercans wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 27 20:34:20 CST 2012

I am reposting this topic because I really need a solution to this problem. I'm using Wine 1.3.37 (waiting for the new 1.4 binaries to be released), NVIDIA. I'm sorry for bumping posts, and I won't do it again unless there is just reason.

Here is what I get when running it in the terminal.

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f07c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!

I didn't know the driver, so I ran the command "glxinfo | grep version" in a terminal and got this info.

Code:
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 280.13
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler