[Wine] loaded Unreal Tournament (GTOY) runs choppy Ubuntu 11.10

zeeboos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 28 20:45:25 CST 2012

I loaded Unreal Tournament in wine 1.3.37 and everything works that I tried but the video is choppy.  The sound was not choppy but the video was. It did not matter if I was playing online or the bots on my computer the video was choppy.  I tried raising and lowering the video resolutions and it did not seem to effect the problem for better or worse.  I am using Ubuntu 64 bit 11.10.  I am on an AMD APU  Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 motherboard and built in dual core processor.  I checked the driver update but it only gave me two choices.  The one being used was ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphic driver.  The other optional driver was ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphic driver (post release date)   I took the (post release date) to mean it was an earlier driver.  Even thou I thought it was an earlier driver I tried to load it and got a dialog box saying installation failed.  So I was not able to try this driver.
  There is an AppDB rating this game as Platinum in wine 1.3.36.  If it was not choppy on my computer I would give it a similar rating I figure it has something to do with the dual core or the new built in video driver.  Any pointers on what is happening would be appreciated.