[Wine] Sandbox Error Running Wine Live

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Jan 29 10:11:55 CST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 09:18 -0600, winepunk wrote:
> although Running Live is a common feature with many Linux distros and
> is one great security environment vs. Running off hard disk.  Yet
> having to run as root to get apps going in Live environment is
> occurning with more apps as I try them out.

Really? The only 'live' packages I can find for Fedora or in the
rpmfusion and atrpms package libraries are:

live555         - a set of libraries for streaming media from
                  www.live555.com.
live-cd         - for making bootable Linux CDs
liveice         - an icecast streaming client
lives           - a video editing system
liveusb-creator - for making bootable Linux USB memory sticks

and there are no packages with 'running' in the name. None of these are
sandboxes. They can all be used without Wine because of course they're
native packages.

Where did you say this 'Running Live' thing comes from?

URL please.

Martin