[Wine] Re: Can't get GTA San Andreas to work on Linux

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 29 11:42:50 CST 2012

Usurp wrote:
> Is there a way to check if our graphic card/driver are compatible with Wine ? A tool could tell that the GLX_xxx extension is missing, so DirectX 9 won't work (example.)

Not really. Wine (or should I say windows programs running under Wine) might require different, some times mutually exclusive things. There is no way to check that if your card supports A, B, and C it's "fully dx9 compliant".

Some games might work fine if feature A is missing, because they using feature D to substitute it. But some games plain won't work if feature A is missing. Most of the time this feature A is something old and "good" drivers emulate it in software/hardware. But "Intel's" drivers most likely don't.