[Wine] How do I port a 16bit Macromedia binary game?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 18:17:38 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM, blackshore <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi guys n girls! This is my first post here.
>
> I read that wine was made for 16bit orginally and had support to run it.
> Recently tried to install it with wine skin but I get a error message at launch.
> I have installed several 32bit applications before and they have worked flawlessly but this does not run yet.
>
> Maybe you guys know better?! =)
>
> The game itselft seems to be a 16bit Macromedia Director binary.
> (you will be finding the windows game itself in the bottom of this post, you will not be violating any copyright laws since accourding to the former publishing company the CR is now for the Swedish public and classed as a part of swedish culture.)

Whether or not the Swedish Government has declared this 'public' the
original creator has to place it in the public domain in order for
this to be true in the United States.

However, I would like to ask what version of MacOSX you are using?
Leopard (10.5) had a major problem running 16 bit Windows programs.
Snow Leopard and Lion do not have this problem from what I understand.

I also suggest posting messages regarding Wineskin on its support site.

James