[Wine] Wine does not recognise Optimus hardware acceleration

Aethyr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 4 19:31:01 CDT 2012

Hello

I just replaced Mint 12 (Ubuntu 11.10) with Arch (both 64-bit) today. I'm on a laptop with Optimus as the title states - on Mint I was using Ironhide to manage it (worked flawlessly), on Arch I am using Bumblebee now. My problem is that Wine cannot see the Nvidia dedicated GPU when I run it with optimus. The application I am trying to run is the Guild Wars 2 client.

So, I'll give an example which should hopefully clarify that this is NOT the same problem as wine not recognising OpenGL at all.

Code:
wine Gw2.exe

 works fine. Guild Wars 2 is designed to run on Intel HD graphics, so without optirun it works. Of course, not ideal, since the dedicated GPU is much more powerful. But, it works.

Code:
optirun wine Gw2.exe

 crashes midway. From the log, I cherrypicked the problem for you guys:

Code:

trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL version             : 1.4 (3.0 Mesa 8.0.3).
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL renderer            : Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile .
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GLX version            : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX vendor:     : SGI.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX vendor:     : NVIDIA Corporation.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering enabled: False
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile ", version "1.4 (3.0 Mesa 8.0.3)").
trace:wgl:has_opengl GLX is up and running error_base = 171

This shouldn't be happening. Wine should be seeing the Nvidia GPU. And yes, Bumblebee works properly for native 3d apps. So this is a wine issue. Any ideas how I can tell wine where to look?