[Wine] Re: Unusable Font after upgrading to wine 1.4 (Ubuntu 12.04)

tosho1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 11 16:30:25 CDT 2012

Thanks for your reply, dimesio,

I gave wine 1.0 from my old 11.04 64 bit distro a try, and it worked well (1.2 and 1.3 always had a problem with MyPhoneExplorer).
Anyway Kubuntu 12.04 64bit had some more problems (laggy audio for example), so I tried the 32 bit version that came with a well running wine and no lags.
Meanwhile I had some complete system freezes (had to push the reset button, not Wine related), so in the end I dropped the whole Idea of upgrading my system and stick with my 11.04 which is running stable.

To me it is always a pain to see how this actually superior OS Linux is always hurt by the sloppy done and way too popular (K)Ubuntu. If anyone could suggest a more reliable though reasonably current distro I sure would give it a try.