[Wine] Re: Problem with Windows Java/Mathemaica under wine

David Bailey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 18 08:08:06 CDT 2012

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Only do that if you are absolutely certain that Mathematica is
> distributed with a standard, if old, JVM.
> Martin

My thought would be to take a standard Windows 64-bit Java, and try to run it under wine. I would imagine this is something that has rarely if ever been tried because normally it would make sense to use the Linux Java. In my case, however, Mathematica adds some native methods, so obviously, since these are WIN32, the whole Java must be too.

Clearly wine should run Windows Java, even if it is not normally very useful to do so.

David