[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 installer failed (Wine 1.4)

oserdavid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 18 18:32:24 CDT 2012

I hope I'm not hijacking someone else's thread. But it is a related issue.
I can easily install MS Office 2000 via Wine (as XP) in Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13. It will even take some early updates and the file format converters for MS Office 2007/10.
Works a treat.
Unfortunately I get a Wine 'internal error' when I try to upgrade Office to 2000 SR-1 (which I was able to do in Windows - and then SR2 and SR3).
I do believe I have the correct SR-1 update installer (though it was pretty difficult to track down as Microsoft no longer supports Office 2000)
Has anyone else encountered this specific issue and found a way round it?