[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't fix resolution changes.

aidfarh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 1 02:53:43 CST 2012

Yeah, I'm having this problem too. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. In the meantime, let me share some tips to make life a little bit easier. Firstly, I create a shortcut that I place on the top left hand corner of my desktop that runs this:

Code:
xrandr -s 0

This command resets the resolution to the default. Because it's in the top left corner of the screen, you should always be able to see it, no matter what the resolution is. Whenever the screen resolution gets screwed up, I just click the shortcut and the screen gets fixed.

I also modify shortcuts of wine applications that trigger this problem by adding && xrandr -s 0 to the end. This will cause the screen resolution to be reset after the application ends. E.g.

Code:
wine 'C:\Program Files\AppDir\game.exe' && xrandr -s 0

Hope this helps.