[Wine] Wine sourcing for noobs

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 07:56:51 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM, NiqueSqueek <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Heres the deal;
>
> I want to install a patch. I need to do this by installing wine from source. I do not know how to do this.
>
> I have looked at the winewiki, and all over this forum. I have googled the bejesus out of it. I get that I have to unpack the wine source code and what not, all the code stuff just looks like stuff to put in terminal, but evidently that is not the case.
>
> Basically what i need is a step by step guide or video (i mean STEP BY STEP.)

First, you really need to become familiar with the use of the Terminal
Application as this will be needed to build Wine.
Second, building Wine on the Mac is described in the web page that Dan
Kegel provided.

One major thing that you WILL have to do is install XCode, the OSX
program construction product.

There is no 'video' step-by-step for building Wine on the Mac that I'm
aware of.  However, I do use a bash script created by Ryan called
osxwinebuilder.  Google for it.  This may be easier than building and
building and building.  I can assist with using this script and
building Wine using it.

James