[Wine] Banned web site / banned topic ?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:03:03 CST 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Usurp <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Why are you replacing known spammers with these "banned" strings ?

Because that is what we do.  Some sites lead you to illegal to possess
items (like counterfit drugs and clothes).  Certain topics are not to
be discussed here, period.  Also, the spammers go away after a while.
We have one that is beginning to become an irritant and that will be
dealt with in another manner.  We don't want to upset legitimate Wine
users by bulk blocking IP addresses and such (that is really heavy
handed) but this may be necessary.  And no, this is not subject to
discussion.

> This forbids anti-spam filters & programs to do their jobs properly.

Set your spam filters to delete "banned topic" and "banned site".  I
can even do this in Thunderbird, but I haven't because I'm one of
those chasing these fools (and that is what they are, if you think I'm
interested in a certain brand dress and I'm a hard core gamer??)

James