[Wine] Open Source Radeon and S3TC?

richard1558 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 2 09:24:06 CST 2012

Hi, I am trying to get Call of Duty 1 and Two Worlds working through wine.

I have searched a lot, and all I could find was that S3TC is not available in the open source driver, and to me it seems that this is why they do not start.

I have tried both games with the fglrx drivers, cod1 works fine, two worlds has graphical issues, which are probably related to the shaders or something like that(?), which is why I want to try the open source driver but I am also curious to see the performance.

Wine doesn't seem to give me any pointers to what is wrong.

wine TwoWorlds.exe:

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x1b6f808,0x00000000), stub!
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(1366,768)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface

wine CoDMP.exe:

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x21cf748,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey ((nil),0,0x00000001,9): stub
fixme:keyboard:UnregisterHotKey ((nil),0): stub

Could anyone give me some pointers?
How could I get S3TC working? (if it is the issue here)