[Wine] Re: Eligium on Ubunto 11.10 Wine 1.3.28

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 3 05:57:22 CST 2012

Xeoz wrote:

> So..What next?

I downloaded the client and installed it. I get to the login screen, can login, and the server immediately disconnects me. I suspect that's GPK kicking me out, and there's nothing we can do about it.

But if you still want to fiddle with it, here's what I did:

1. Delete the vc80 and vc90 manifests from /windows/winsxs/manifests before running the installer. (The installer will then install its own vcrun).
2. Install quartz and devenum with winetricks (needed to get sound).
3. Install gdiplus with winetricks (fixes the garbled fonts on the login screen).
4. Run the installer.

I already have the MS fonts installed systemwide, so I didn't use winetricks for that; you may need to if you don't.