[Wine] Re: Need Help with the Sims 3 Launcher

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 3 21:39:58 CST 2012

ruinairas wrote:
> Hello. I'm currently using donet20 to run the sims 3 launcher. It is very laggy and flashes alot. I don't know if Mono will help or not, as I've tried it, but it doesn't seem to run when I try to open it. Any help? Has anyone gotten this to work close to flawlessly?

There's a howto in the AppDB: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16664

You didn't say what Wine version; if it's not the latest development release, upgrade. You also didn't say what graphics card and driver you have. Make sure you have the latest proprietary driver for your card installed.

Dotnet20 usually works better than Mono, so I wouldn't change that.