[Wine] Starcraft II crashes on certain maps

sunhill wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 4 01:12:21 CST 2012

I have been somewhat successfully playing Starcraft II on Wine except that I can't seem to load certain maps.  When I try to play on them I get a "pop" in the audio while loading, then after about a minute, the game crashes.  I then receive a message of this sort:

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)occurred at 0073:69EBFCCD. The memory at '0x00000008' could not be read.

I've noticed that this principally happens on "floral"maps such as Agria Valley and Shakuras Plateau so I'm wondering if it is a problem with that texture set, however I have not done a systematic survey of the maps to confirm this.

I have tried editing the registry for all of the necessary video settings, changing WINE versions and the like, they didn't work.

As for my system specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad T400
Intel Duo Core 2.4Ghz
2G RAM
Radeon HD 3400 w/ 256mb
Ubuntu 11.04 (I haven't updated as I don't like Unity.)
Kernel:2.6.38-13

Strangely, SCII seems to think that my graphics card is a  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2350.

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.