[Wine] Re: Problems with Final Fantasy XI Online - Japanese

periastron wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 9 01:56:19 CST 2012

After hearing that Wine 1.4 was out, I checked the CodeWeavers site and saw that Crossover 11.0 (which is based on 1.4) was available.  I've been doing a lot of FFXI testing on VMware and Parallels on my iMac recently, and wanted to see whether the latest Crossover could handle it.  I'd tried with 10.x, but got nothing but white windows.

This time it went much better:  The POL viewer launched, everything was visible, and it ran wonderfully smoothly.  The (English) FFXI client started successfully and ran without incident through the title screen and character selection screen.  However, as already noted here, after selecting a character, I ended up with a black screen while the music played in the background... and that was it.

It seems a shame to be stuck at this point, because everything up to then appeared to be running really well.

I'm running on a late 2009 21.5" iMac with ATI graphics, on a Windows XP bottle.  Any ideas?