[Wine] WINE and certain Hardware

chelseafcfa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 13 16:54:13 CDT 2012

I have been trying to install WoW on my desktop computer but it keeps telling me that I have insufficient CPU in the wow launcher when it starts the installation program in WINE and then if I ignore the warning the WoW downloader crashes.
First I'm wondering if WINE has any issues with quad core CPU's IM using an i7 860. and on top of that it has an overclock could that be the issue?
Second I'm using and AMD 6950 vid card I remember AMD cards having driver issues with linux a while back but most of that seems to be resolved, at least as far as I can tell.
I dont see the video card causing this issue but you never know I'm just a bit weary of the AMD vid card and linux set up still.