[Wine] Re: Anyone get Acrobat Pro 8 to install?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 13 22:33:30 CDT 2012

ToddAndMargo wrote:

> I am specifically using Andreas Bierfert packages, who is listed on the maintainer of the Fedora packages on winehq's download page.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AndreasBierfert/Wine
> Can't get any more "official" than that.

I didn't say they weren't official, I said they were broken, and so does the bug report you linked to. Package maintainers make mistakes sometimes. The official openSUSE packages were similarly broken a few versions ago.

> Building wine myself is a nightmare on an RPM based system.

I'm on an RPM based system (openSUSE) and I have not found building Wine to be a nightmare.

> Do you know of a way to work around the problem I am describing?

There's a workaround posted in the bug report you linked to. If it's not working for you, then I think the problem is your broken Wine build. Lots of things are going to fail until you straighten that out.