[Wine] Re: Joystick mapping "wrong"

faelmc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 17 21:05:18 CDT 2012

Ok friend, and you've helped me a lot, thank you for that.

I've made several attempts and registry changes, sometimes even I can solve the particular problem of a directional, but have several other problems with other axes.

I thought a different possibility, I was trying to use the USB patch for wine, for use with my phone as I said here: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=73192#73192
The project seems very interesting, I have not had success with my phone for other reasons, but consigui native alternative for this.
Is it possible to use this patch with a joystick?, I believe so, but peop your opinion and guidance if possible.

The joystick on the driver used by windows is the "hidusb.sys".
The command "winedump -j import hidusb.sys" I say that you need only "offset 00001f4c ntoskrnl.exe" according to the explanations of http://wiki.winehq.org/USB
should work, follow the step as in the wiki, but could not, I installed everest in wine, to see the USBs but have not had success, you may need to disable joystick support in the compilation I think. Finally, I would like your opinion and help on this

thank you very much