[Wine] Excel export from within another app

vberruyer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 19 10:06:21 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm running Wine 1.4 on Ubuntu 11.10.
Necessary for my office job I installed the Microsoft Office pack 2010.
It's running fine (word, excel...).

I also installed another windows app necessary to follow my job activity.

In this other app I use a menu to ask for an Excel extract of a db view (in fact this is not a real extract but I ask to print the db table and the result should be shown into Excel).
When I select it, it run for several seconds then I have a message box with the following message :

Title : ACEvtListener
Message : Couldn't start Excel and get Application object.

I'm really stuck and would really appreciate some help because this functionnality is very important for me to be able to keep Linux at work.

Thanks
Vincent