[Wine] Re: Office Professional Plus 2010 install fails

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 22 18:04:29 CDT 2012

faelmc wrote:

> dimesio, you have succeeded in setup, with which version of Office?
> I ask this because the version "Professional Plus" to behave differently from the others.

My version is Professional Plus. You are correct that it behaves differently--other versions don't require the machine.config file.

> Another  mistake that I see in the terminal:
> err:rpc:I_RpcGetBuffer no binding
> err:rpc:I_RpcGetBuffer no binding

That's not the problem. I get that too, and the installer succeeds. I just retested in 1.5.0, and it worked fine following the instructions in the AppDB.

Is your Windows version set to XP? It should be.