[Wine] Guild Wars 1 and Stops Win95 and Win98 Support

Chris-WF wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 22 21:45:04 CDT 2012

Dear Wine-Community!

Guild Wars stops on 2012-14-06 the support for Windows 95,98. But since Wine-Users could switch the Windows version to Windows XP or above we are not effected.. are we?

This should be an action to made the Guild Wars Client safer and to protect User Accounts. Couldn't guess what security Mechanism Windows 2000 do support that is missing in Windows 95 and 98.

No doubt that Windows 95 is a security miss for using with the Internet!

Regards

Chris