[Wine] User Interface for Wine?`

Lynn lynn.turriff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 22:30:02 CDT 2012

> Okay I will admit that I am a Noob at using wine. I
> have used it once for uTorrent via creating a launcher
> and creating a file path for wine to follow and it
> worked...but I would like to know if I could just open
> up wine and then drop in an .exe file to run? I need help....seriously!

I,  too,  am very new to this, but I have a Win file which
has no installer- Just an executable in a folder.

I  copied  the  folder  to  the wine directory, and double
clicked  on the .exe. It didn't run, but QT offered me the
opportunity to run it with a debugger, so I tried that. It
ran  fine  then, with no error messages in the console. So
I'd  try  copying  the  file/folder  to Wine, and see what
happens.

Now  all  I have to figure out is how to get my file to run
without running the debgger.

And if anyone can help, I'd be thrilled. It's convert.exe,
if anyone is familiar with it.

Best.

--
Lynn