[Wine] where do I find the machine.cong file for .NET 2.0?

mgh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 24 09:40:37 CDT 2012

Am trying to install Office 2010 using guide in

AppDB.http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17336&iTestingId=70071

The instructions say

 "Note­: If installing Office Professional Plus, copy a machine.config file from either a .NET 2.0 or Mono install to the wineprefix's drive_c/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/CONFIG directory. Without it, the installer will fail about 2/3 of the way through and roll back the install.­ ­ (Bug 28486) This workaround is not needed for other editions.

I have done some google searches, but am still confused as to how/where I get this .NET config file.  Do I install this program called Mono?  This will create a .NET config file somewhere?

Thanks for any help.