[Wine] Where are the programs installed?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Mar 24 10:59:25 CDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 10:18 -0500, vitamin wrote:
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
> > To find where the program(s) got to, try:
> > <code>
> > sudo updatedb
> > locate progname.exe
> > </code>
>
> Why so complicated?

What is so complex in typing two simple commands? I suggested running
updatedb because it is typically run as an overnight cron job and Murphy
says the OP will have tried the install since it was last run.

>  Besides locate is not installed on most modern distros.

Its been part of RedHat distros forever and is still part of it.

>  Regular "find" will be enough:

...and a *lot* slower that updatedb+locate

Martin