[Wine] Re: WINE Version in Profile Preferences

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 30 10:57:38 CDT 2012

rhoover84 wrote:
> I'm currently using Fedora 14, and the version of wine in the repositories is 1.3.24 - however, in the "Profile" section of the AppDB, the versions available in the drop down go from 1.2 to 1.4.  Am I missing something here?

The current stable release is 1.4 and the current development release is 1.5.0 (soon to be 1.5.1). Version selections in the AppDB include all stable releases but only the last 6 development releases, as test reports for older development releases are not considered useful.

If your distro doesn't provide updated Wine packages, you can build Wine yourself.
http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit