[Wine] Winasio, somebody know how make it work??

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:24:01 CDT 2012

hi,

> I am using a 12.04 Precise pangolin amd64 with jakd 1.5.8, wine 1.5.3 and wineasio 9.0 and i'm having a lot of problems to > use de regsrv32 winasio.dll always drop me the "Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll"
> I've copied the wineasio.dll.so in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine and /usr/lib32/wine/
> ive reinstalled wine, wineasio changed jackd2 to jackd did wineboot too so i dont know what more can i do

For one, wineASIO is 32bit - you should have never installed it in
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine, as that is for wine64. I believe
wineASIO's documentation even explains that it is for 32bit not
wine64.

Secondly, are you using a 32bit wine prefix?? this can be accomplished
by running;

WINEARCH=win32 winecfg (after installing wine)

however, if you try it now, and it tells you that your prefix is 64bit
- than that is why it won't register wineasio.dll ~ because it won't
register your 32bit .dll in a 64bit environment. You may have to
either start a new prefix, or delete your current ~/.wine and then run
the above command again

after that try registering wineASIO again.

cheerz