[Wine] Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits : stack overflow

mohican wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 3 19:37:22 CDT 2012

Hi,

I don't know how to do this (create prefix specifying an architecture).

This is what I did :

On Ubuntu 11.10 32 bits :
1. install wine from ppa or from ubuntu software center.
2. Launch wine configurator : it creates automatically the ~/.wine directory (not asking me anything special).
3. install Windows applications, or configure shortcuts to exe files that do not need to be installed (this is the case for my personal applis).
4. Configure wine : paths and introduce my exe to specify that I want it to run on Windows 98 mode.

On Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits :
Steps 1 and 2
Then copy .wine (and menu shortcuts) from my previous install to the new install.

That's all !