[Wine] Error running an app on a Mac

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Sat May 5 20:15:55 CDT 2012

> * running Jordan's sudo launchctl command got rid of the dynamic session error,
> so all I'm left with, after typing

Well, that is at lteast part of the problem, resolved ;)

> $ wine setup.exe
>
> (to run my program) is a long wait followed by :
>
> err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
>
> after that -- just hangs...
>
> Any more thoughts?

Unfortunately, that error message is fairly generic and isn't very
telling. is that really all that is output??

Could you try running;

env WINEDEBUG=+all wine yourapp.exe

this should output debugging information verbosely. You could then
copy/paste the output to pastebin.com, and post what a link to it from
the list, as well as posting relavant chunks what looks like it might
be problematic, in the ouput.

also, have you looked at the Wine app database for your application,
to see if there are possibly any hints, as this problem could've
cropped up for other users of that app?

cheerz