[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Wine 1.5.3, OpenGL issue

nepenthes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 6 08:58:29 CDT 2012

My Intel i7 has a 64bitnative architecture. 64bit is officially supported in Ubuntu and Wine packages.

I have used 64bit for 4 years now, and alla the main compatibility bugs have been fixed more than 3 years ago.

64bit is more efficient than 32 while encoding videos or rendering graphics, and supports more C and C++ optimizations, which improves the overall system speed and reactivity.

So I see no reason why I should use a 32bit OS. I won't argue with anyone on that point.