[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Wine 1.5.3, OpenGL issue

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 7 14:30:00 CDT 2012

Until the Precise I was using only 32bit Ubuntu. With these release I've decided to try 64bit and made a clean install (besides the Home folder which is the same for 3+ years).

Aside from not been able to build the 32bit version of Wine without chroot environment I've found the 64bit flavor of Ubuntu to be much slower. I don't know what's causing it but it's really much slower than the 11.10 32bit that I was using before.

There are also problems with programs nuvolaplayer is even more crashy and very slugish (that didn't exist on 32bit). Flash Player is just unusable but I could use it on 32bit with much less crashes.

That's my hardware configuration:

Kernel:  Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64

Distro:   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

CPU:     AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
            2 cores/threads
            2300.00 MHz

RAM:    GeIL 2 GB DDR II 800 Dual Ultra CL4

GPU:    GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 (nvidia-current 295.40)

I didn't check how the 32bit version of Precise would perform on this machine.