[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit + Wine 1.5.3 (or 1.4) + .NET Framework3.0

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 10 07:54:04 CDT 2012

nockdown wrote:

> dimesio wrote:
> >
> > Report problems with winetricks to http://winetricks.org.
>
> I tried to install .NET Framework 3.0 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70848) via winefile after successful installation .NET Framework 2.0 via winetricks. It was fail too. Maybe the problem isn't in winetricks?

Problems in Wine that prevent installation of .NET out-of-the-box are already known. Winetricks is designed to to work around them, but Wine changes rapidly, and sometimes the winetricks recipe stops working. That needs to be reported to winetricks.org, which apparently someone already has.

It is also quite possible that the problem you are running into is the general brokenness of *buntu 12.04 (particularly 64 bit), in which case your options are 1) live without Wine until the problems are fixed; 2) downgrade to 11.10; or 3) switch to another distro.