[Wine] Re: Completely green with programming-need help with USB *MAC*

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 11 08:07:46 CDT 2012

ultramario1998 wrote:
> Hey all,
> I need help with getting a USB device to work with its own program on a Mac computer running OSX version 10.7.3. I know that Wine does not support USB but that there is a fix. If you could help me with installation, that would be great. Note that I am a complete newbie with any programming, so if you talk about running something with Terminal, I'm going to have no clue what you're talking about. For most of you, this isn't going to be worth your time, but if you are willing to help, I would love it.

The "fix" for USB is an unofficial, unsupported patch that hasn't been updated in awhile and is only meant for USB software protection tokens. To use it, you need to patch and compile Wine yourself, which does require working in a terminal. Since the patch is old, it may not even apply to current Wine.

If you still want to try, the info is here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/USB
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c3163e2b932ee2030a48f9c5e553dc41817b