[Wine] Office 2010 on Mac with Wine

adammw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 14 20:52:36 CDT 2012

Hi,
For some reason, I'm not able to install Office 2010 (Professional Plus) even with the workarounds listed in the appdb page (ie. machine.config and/or installing dotnet) and yet CrossOver (trial) installed it fine, as did the same version of Wine on my Linux PC. I also tried copying over the drive_c and registry from either the Linux PC or the CrossOver install, and running it from Wine on my mac and a similar problem in that it doesn't start up - instead starts running the setup again and complaining of some error.
Has anybody got Office 2010 working on the Mac version of wine, and what could possibly be causing this difference even when they are the same wine version?
Thanks.