[Wine] Software running fine in wine, how to save/open files?

bjosephs wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 16 19:18:27 CDT 2012

Hey, folks

I'm a new Wine user running version 1.2.3 on Mac OS 10.7.4.  I installed wine to run circuit board design software from ExpressPCB.com (the only reason I still own a windows PC).  I'm not a software/code guy at all, but after some fiddling I was able get the software to run normally.  If I understand correctly, Wine is placing these little portable applications in pseudo-windows environment complete with all the files that came through from the windows installer when I "WineBottled" the .exe installer file.

My question is this:  I have a number of legacy files from using this software are on another machine that I want to be able to open, and add to, while running this software on my Mac - but there seems to be no way to point the save or open functions to anywhere outside the windows realm in my bottled application.

I hope that makes sense.  I also hope I didn't overlook an easy answer while reading the FAQs.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brian