[Wine] Re: DirectSoft 5 Serial communications Issue's

samuraimarc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 22 15:16:45 CDT 2012

> What, exactly, is the error message?

COMM ERROR!
"Error connecting to PLC!

Error: Cannot access the comm port. The port may not be present or another app my be using it.  Ext Error. "

> If your app claims the port is busy it could be either an access
> permission problem or that some other program is using it. setserial
> reports "Device or resource busy" if the device is in use and "No such
> file or directory" if the device file doesn't exist.  It may be worth
> running this dual command:
>
> 	ls -l /dev/ttyS*; sudo lsof | grep 'ttyS.'
>
> immediately before and after trying your Wine app.

I tried this and get the same results before and after

Code:
root at interfor-debain:/home/electrician# ls -l /dev/ttyS*; lsof | grep 'ttyS.'
crw-r--r-- 1 root dialout 4, 64 May 22 12:59 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 65 May 22 12:59 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 66 May 21 13:41 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 67 May 21 13:41 /dev/ttyS3