[Wine] Re: Portal 2 disappears on initial loading screen

Schmiddehy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 23 11:42:39 CDT 2012

hmm, ok. Does that mean I just need to wait for the problem to get fixed then? I tried putting 'echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope' in a terminal before running portal (somebody suggested it in that thread for a different game) and it got it past the loading stage....but as soon as the menu came up there was a horrific high-pitched buzzing noise, so it's still unplayable. It did manage to load the game which is promising I suppose. Thanks for your help.