[Wine] Tips for proper Hebrew font rendering ?

bugged-user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 24 03:42:49 CDT 2012

I'm trying to fix the Interlinear Scripture Analyzer's rendering of vowels points. If anyone has any idea what I could tinker with to fix Hebrew font rendering issues please speak up. Could overinding some dll-s help ?

The "classical" Windows font selection dialog that allows to set the type, size and color of the font has a "Sample" area. To my surprise, in that area fonts render well, with vowel signs in place. So WINE is able to use these fonts to some extent. When I select the font for usage within ISA, it's own font preview area shows a different font. This different font is then missrendered, (everywhere in the software,) with vowel points being positioned in it's own separate space, instead of under or above a letter.

But the above seems to happen to fonts that are in windows\Fonts only. Hebrew fonts from the linux host render better - they don't distance letters like described above, but forget to display vowel points when they are at the end of a word.

I'm not sure if I can categorize this bug based on whether it's a Wine or Linux font though. I can be more specific if necessary and even post screenshots if it helps.