[Wine] WINE stalled, printer says it's printed, but it hasn't

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri May 25 21:16:58 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 20:00 -0500, eddykho wrote:
> I have the same problem too. I am using Fedora 16. Printer is being installed using its driver for linux.
> Need help badly.

What printing server settings are you using?

You check this by looking at the 'Printing' applet (Activities|
Applications if you're using Gnome 3, the default window manager) and
selecting Server|Settings.

For Wine to find your printers you'll need to have enabled 'Publish
shared printers connected to this system' and 'Allow printing from the
Internet'. Under Fedora these are disabled by default.

Martin