[Wine] Re: Network Drive configuration doesn't 'stick'

pastim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 26 11:43:46 CDT 2012

I managed to create a link in ...dosdevices/unc to the share (as in  http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/misc-things-to-configure#AEN725 ) but I can not see any way to access it in that form from my windows programs.  Most of these require you to select a directory from a list, not enter a share such as \\xyz\folder

In ubuntu 12.04 the samba share is also not in the traditional form of '/xyz/folder', but is 'folder on xyz'.  I don't see how this fits with 'unc' format path names.

So, can anyone explain the wine instructions to me?